i wonder if the unique pixel limit allows this to be used with GBStudio. if anyone can confirm it will work, that would be great.
GB Style Farm and Town Tileset For RPG Maker MV
A downloadable asset pack
A Game Boy style 48*48px farm tileset, for use with RPG Maker MV
- 5 colours (1st colour transparent)
- 9 tile sheets
- Indoor and Outdoor tiles
- At least 65 outdoor walls
- Animated water textures, including waterfalls
- And many decoration objects
- There are enough tiles to make an entire town, farm, mountain, forest, beach, and train station environments.
- Each 'pixel' is a 6*6 square, to simulate 8*8 tiles for a mock Game Boy style.
- downloadable is a .zip file which contains the tileset
- [UPDATE - 01-12-2021] More tiles have been added - some tilesets may have changed slightly, so the updated tileset is available as a [v2] download, so as to not break your existing project.
Includes 9 .png files.
- Can be used and edited for commercial and academic game development purposes.
- Can be used for table top game purposes.
- It is recommended that If the assets are used for commercial use, an additional donation is made at https://ko-fi.com/gamedevmum
- Not to be sold-on as assets or in a bundle in edited or original form.
- It is strictly forbidden to use any of the contents of this tile set in any relation to block-chain related technology, including but not limited to; NFTs, Crypto, or bitcoin.
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- V2 tileset now available!Dec 26, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Do you know if this would work on rpg maker MZ?
I don’t know for sure; I don’t have RPG Maker MZ, so I wouldn’t like to assume it does 100%
If you know where I can find default tileset templates for RPG Maker MZ, I’d be happy to take a look and check if they will.
you can use MV tilesets in MZ. They are the same size.
Do you plan on making any sprites for this pack?
I wasn’t initially, but now you mention it, I have some sprites I had made, and I’d be happy to put them in a pack, if there’s demand for them :)
do you plan on making a gbc color version?
No, I won’t be making a specific GBC colour version, as the GBC doesn’t exactly have a set colour palette to choose from. The way colour palettes worked on the GBC, was you could have a set of 4 colours on a sprite (from a 15-bit palette) but only those 4 colours, and you input the RBG values in the code. Basically, it’s too huge a task for the very limited free time I get to make these.
But! you can actually replicate a GBC palette with this tile set. What I would recommend doing, is choosing your desired colour palettes, and then applying them to this (or other Game Boy style tile sheets) manually. If you use a program like ProMotion NG, there’s a lot of tools in the colour palette to help with this. It is absolutely 100% ok to make heavy changes and edits to this tileset, the only caveat is that the tileset is not modified and then sold on as assets (but it’s totally fine to use those modified assets in your own commercial game).
Alternatively, I do sell this same tileset (resized) for GB Studio; GB Studio is a game engine with an option to recolour your GB style tiles to look like a GBC game.